If you are serious about starting an online store, then these 5 tips will help you, think of them as a checklist you should be able to pass easily and know the reason why you will succeed. If you can’t pass this checklist easily, then you have to rethink your business plan and if you are truly ready to start an online store yet.
- Do you absolutely know the product(s) you are going to sell? You have to know the product and related products you are going to sell in your niche market, know your competitors, know the CEO’s of those companies, and decide now if you plan to become a market leader or not, and what it may take to get there. This is where you must think as big as you can, regionally, nationally, globally!
- Is it your own product or not? If it’s your own product or you have a good vendor that is great. If you are an affiliate or drop shipping that is not as good typically.
- No mall websites! If you are a beginner entrepreneur and want to start a mall type of website like Walmart or Amazon or eBay, with tons of categories and products, we advise you to stop now; this concept is difficult even with a huge budget behind it.
- Can you afford to do it yourself? Yes, the question is can you afford to, because doing it yourself while it may seem free, actually may cost you the precious time you need to get started right away by going forward with a weak website with poor design and content. Can you afford to have a designer do it at the cost of a few thousand dollars? If so, then do it as that what it takes to be a market leader. Otherwise, choose Earth Skater as the budget solution where we handle the online store setup for you at no charge as part of our complimentary setup service.
- Can you afford to market it or can you learn to market it? If you can afford to market it and advertise with a budget that makes sense for your business, then you must start experimenting with your propaganda/message immediately, don’t make any long term commitments, and find the best team to work with. Either way, or if budget is a concern, you must to learn to market and advertise your business because you are the business owner, you know your business the best. Social media and blogging are the avenues you must follow in today’s market.