Steps to Obtain EV Authentication (GeoTrust)
- Complete the EV Enrollment to obtain a GeoTrust Order ID.
- The Organization’s approver (identified in the EV certificate order) must sign and submit the appropriate Acknowledgement of Agreement form (PDF)
- Following receipt of the AA form, the following authentication requirements will be carried out to ensure your order can be expediently processed:
A. Organization Authentication RequirementsGeoTrust must be able to confirm all of the following organizational registration requirements:
- Official government agency records must include:
- The organization’s registration number.
- The organization’s date of registration/incorporation.
- The organization’s registered address.
- A non-government data source (such as Dun & Bradstreet) must include the organization’s place of business address if it is not included in the Government agency records
- If the organization has been registered for less than three years, GeoTrust must verify operational existence through one of the following means:
- Through a non-government data source (such as Dun & Bradstreet) – or –
- By verifying the organization has an active demand deposit account (such as a checking account) with a regulated financial institution through a Lawyer’s Opinion Letter or directly with the financial institution.
On the form, please follow these instructions:
1) For Organization Name, use your exact company name
2) For place of signing, use your exact company address that is on file with the government, BBB, etc
3) The final step after we get the form back to the SSL provider will be that they verify your info. against public records such as the Better Business Bureau, etc. If they can not find a public source of informations confirming your company information, then they will require a bank letter confirming your company’s account with your bank.