Selecting the best web design company is no easy choice. Your online store is the only thing that customers see of your company. It serves as the face of your business on the internet. This is why, finding the right team of professionals is essential; you’re not just asking them to develop a website, you’re entrusting your business to them. Here are some questions you should ask your online store builder to gauge their credibility and expertise:
An e-commerce business is perhaps the best way to start up a small business. There are no overhead costs, you’re not tied down to one specific location, and there’s a world of opportunities to tap into. Here you can build your own virtual storefront, market your products, establish a payment system, and do much more. However, in order to do all that, you will first need to understand the dynamics of e-commerce before you begin your online store development process. Here is an insight on how to get started!
Choose a Domain NameFirst and foremost, you will have to register the domain name of your online store. Select one that is a clear reflection of your business name. Another helpful tip when developing the name is to make sure it is simple and memorable enough for your customers’ benefit.
Web HostingYour website is a combination of files that are stored in the Web Server. In order to connect to your site, the customer will gain access to the web server through the internet. While some companies take control of the web server options by managing their own software and hardware, it is highly recommended to opt for professional services offered by a Web hosting company. For a yearly or monthly fee, such a company will provide you with limited or unlimited space (depending on your choice), and will allow your website to be stored, and therefore viewed, on the internet. For businesses looking to get a full e-commerce support system, online store or customer support, Earth Skater offers excellent and affordable expertise on various platforms.
Security of Your SiteWith your website developed, what’s the next step? You want customers to choose your store for their shopping requirements, but is your store really secure enough for credit card transactions? Most customers will not give out their credit card information to any store. Therefore, make sure you sign up for a merchant account with a reputable online payment processor. Check out the best merchant account options for you.
Looking for the best web store hosting?Earth Skater is an innovative and creative e-commerce company that will design, develop, and market your online store. They provide a complete online store setup, web design layouts, customer support system, and much more. The company has an impressive portfolio, with experience working with one of the leading brands in the USA. Furthermore, it is also accredited by the BBB. For more information, feel free to call us on our Toll free number (877-627-2492) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customers value convenience…It’s that simple. Set up an online store, add all necessary features, verify its legitimacy, market your website, and you are good to go! When you create a place for customers where they can get what they need, all in one place, you may see some positive results in your business. With a credit card payment system, you can accomplish much success for your online store. Here is how your business can benefit from this strategic addition:
Establishes Legitimacy of BusinessMost customers judge an e-commerce site based on the interface and the payment system. If you don’t have any purchase system software, you leave your customers dissatisfied. On the other hand, with all the right features and credible payment system, you build customer loyalty, and provide your customer with added options. This develops a sense of legitimacy.
Cost Effective & Time SavingMost entrepreneurs feel that getting a merchant payment account to develop a payment system is expensive. Of course it’s not free. Yet the advantages of it outweigh the cost. Ideally, when a customer makes a credit card purchase, the cash is transferred directly into your bank account. With alternatives like money orders and checks, the process is elaborate and time consuming.
Bigger SalesFor big purchases, most customers do not prefer the installment process. It can be quite tiresome. Instead, they’re rather instantly purchase with their credit card, on full payment. This way, instead of receiving a first installment payment, you instantly receive full payment on expensive items.
The PotentialIf you think developing a merchant account is complicated, there are simpler options available. Many applications are now developed that allows you a platform where you can simply accept credit card payments through your online portal. While there are several advantages available of credit card system, there are also many risks involved pertaining to frauds and security. So make sure to ask you get expert advice to make credit card transactions safe! Feel free to call us for more information on your online store development! Earth Skater is an innovative and creative e-commerce company that will design, develop, and market your online store. They provide a complete online store setup, web design layouts, customer support system, and so much more. The company has an impressive portfolio, with experience working with one of the leading brands in the USA. Furthermore it is also accredited by the BBB. We look forward to hearing from you! Phone Number (toll free): 877-627-2492 Email: email@example.com For more detail visit : http://www.earthskater.com/
E-Commerce Hosting – Everything You Need To Know
Step 1: Develop the Right Domain NameThis may seem simple enough; all you have to do is select a company name, and turn it into a URL. However, this is where many virtual companies go wrong. They tend to come up with names that are complicated or difficult to remember. Make sure it is something unique, short, and most importantly, memorable! Search for the availability of domain names. Next, you should register it with the right web hosting company.
Step 2: Set Up your Website with an Online Store CompanyYour Online Store/Web hosting company will provide you with the infrastructure that will help connect all your business to the internet. The right web hosting company will provide you with domain registry, custom development of the site, email accounts, an affiliate marketing program, and the best website service and maintenance options. So when out looking for a web hosting company, here’s what you need to keep in mind:
- What does website service and maintenance cost
- How often are they available?
- Email accounts provided
- SSL Encryption
- Regular security auditing
- Backup options
Step 3: Design An Easy-to-Use WebsiteIt is imperative that the site be simple, and not too cluttered. Your storefront is what your online store will be judged upon, so design carefully using the right logo, name, introduction about company, product description etc.
Step 4: Make Your E-commerce Store Secure for CustomersWith fraud and unauthorized credit card transactions taking place, your customers are going to be wary. Therefore, make sure you have SSL (Secure Socket Layer) or any standard World Wide Web security protocol already established to build your customers’ trust, and make your website safe.
Step 5: Set up an Internet Merchant Account to Manage PaymentsThere are several ways to manage payments, but the simplest is to set up a merchant account with any financial institution that will handle the credit card or debit card transactions as per your instructions.
You Get all This with Us!Earth Skater is an innovative and creative e-commerce company that will design, develop, and market your online store. We provide a complete online store setup, web design layouts, customer support system, and are accredited by the BBB with an A+ rating. For more information, call us on our Toll free number (877-627-2492) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Should Host Your Online Store?
1. Assess their Services & FeaturesTake a closer look at what they have to offer you. If you’re looking for an interactive website with dynamic graphics, can they make it possible? Do they have the resources? It would be most suitable to pick a company who will design, develop and market your website. Once you have the features listed down, you can make a comparison easily.
2. The PriceThere are several web host companies who will offer you ‘reasonable’ rates, but beware! There may be a catch. These companies offer the right rate, but with incomplete services. So you may not end up getting what you initially paid for. Look for good rates, and make sure you know what you’re getting with at this price.
3. Take a Look at the PortfolioIt is highly recommended that you work with a company that has past experience in web hosting. Ask for references. How long have they been in the business? Take a look at their work. Does it match your requirements? If they fail to display past work, then it is best you move on to the next host.
4. Support after Project is CompletedWebsites may have bugs or errors. Most companies who have had their website developed complain that their web hosts are difficult to get in touch with after the completion of the project. Therefore, ensure that the web host you choose provides an excellent customer support system if any unforeseen circumstances arises.
Looking for the best web design company?Earth Skater is an innovative and creative e-commerce company that will design, develop, and market your online store. They provide a complete online store setup, web design layouts, customer support system, and so much more. The company has an impressive portfolio, with experience working with one of the leading brands in the USA. Furthermore it is also accredited by the BBB with an A+ rating. For more information check out the following details: Website: http://www.earthskater.com/ Phone Number (toll free): 877-627-2492 Email: email@example.com
Have you received an email solicitation like the one below?
From: Alonzo Marvin [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] Sent: Friday, June 06, 2014 8:38 AM To:email@example.com Subject: Pertaining to your website
Hi, I’m on your website and I’d like to share a quick note: I see a few particular areas where I believe your search engine performance is being held back.
I’ll be concise: The issues themselves are not terribly complicated (which is a positive). With that said, without more sound direction, the site will continue to have the same level of visibility as it does currently.Would you be open to giving my consultants a few minutes of your time to discuss this briefly? At the very least, you’ll have some more refined opinions on where your website could be more profitable.Genuinely looking forward to your thoughts,
Alonzo Marvin firstname.lastname@example.org
This is SPAM:
- This is almost always spam, any solicitation for marketing service is spam and typically should be deleted immediately
- Note they are sending from a @gmail.com address and not an actual business adresss
- However, even if it was a business address, we recommend to never consider marketing companies that send un-invited solicitations
On attrition and innovation… “at some point your techniques will fail because of the changes the competition makes.” Schroeder #business — Sener Sean Korkusuz (@SenerKorkusuz) May 20, 2014Because of the competitive nature of online business and the low barrier to entry for anyone who desires to sell their products or services online, continuous improvement is necessary to stay ahead of your competition and newcomers alike. Continuous improvement for your website / online business means:
- Always working to increase traffic
- Always working to optimize for conversions
- Always working to increase the efficiency of your work processes
- Always seeking, identifying, and developing new strategic partners
- Always researching expansion into new markets whether through new products or new niche marketing efforts
The content below was first seen on the Google Webmaster Tools account Help section and is edited here to clarify the term SEO as defined by Google.
SEO is an acronym for “search engine optimization”. Deciding to hire an SEO person or company is a big decision that can potentially improve your site rankings but you can also risk damage to your site and reputation.Make sure to research the potential advantages as well as the damage that an irresponsible SEO can do to your site. Many SEOs and other agencies and consultants provide useful services for website owners, including:
- Review of your site content or structure
- Content development
- Management of online business development campaigns
- Keyword research
- SEO training
- Expertise in specific markets and geographies.
Advertising with Google won’t have any effect on your site’s presence in our search results.Google never accepts money to include or rank sites in our search results, and it costs nothing to appear in our organic search results.
Free resources such as Webmaster Tools, the official Webmaster Central blog, and our discussion forum can provide you with a great deal of information about how to optimize your site for organic search.Before beginning your search for an SEO, it’s a great idea to become an educated consumer and get familiar with how search engines work. We recommend starting here: Google Webmaster Guidelines Google 101: How Google crawls, indexes and serves the web. If you’re thinking about hiring an SEO, the earlier the better. A great time to hire is when you’re considering a site redesign, or planning to launch a new site. That way, you and your SEO can ensure that your site is designed to be search engine-friendly from the bottom up. However, a good SEO can also help improve an existing site. While SEOs can provide clients with valuable services, some unethical SEOs have given the industry a black eye through their overly aggressive marketing efforts and their attempts to manipulate search engine results in unfair ways.
Practices that violate our guidelines may result in a negative adjustment of your site’s presence in Google, or even the removal of your site from our index.Here are some things to consider: One common scam is the creation of “shadow” domains that funnel users to a site by using deceptive redirects. These shadow domains often will be owned by the SEO who claims to be working on a client’s behalf. However, if the relationship sours, the SEO may point the domain to a different site, or even to a competitor’s domain. If that happens, the client has paid to develop a competing site owned entirely by the SEO. Another illicit practice is to place “doorway” pages loaded with keywords on the client’s site somewhere. The SEO promises this will make the page more relevant for more queries. This is inherently false since individual pages are rarely relevant for a wide range of keywords. More insidious, however, is that these doorway pages often contain hidden links to the SEO’s other clients as well. Such doorway pages drain away the link popularity of a site and route it to the SEO and its other clients, which may include sites with unsavory or illegal content. Be wary of SEO firms and web consultants or agencies that send you email out of the blue. Amazingly, we get these spam emails too:
“Dear google.com, I visited your website and noticed that you are not listed in most of the major search engines and directories…”Reserve the same skepticism for unsolicited email about search engines as you do for “burn fat at night” diet pills or requests to help transfer funds from deposed dictators. No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google. Beware of SEOs that claim to guarantee rankings, allege a “special relationship” with Google, or advertise a “priority submit” to Google. There is no priority submit for Google. In fact, the only way to submit a site to Google directly is through our Add URL page or by submitting a Sitemap and you can do this yourself at no cost whatsoever. Be careful if a company is secretive or won’t clearly explain what they intend to do. Ask for explanations if something is unclear. If an SEO creates deceptive or misleading content on your behalf, such as doorway pages or “throwaway” domains, your site could be removed entirely from Google’s index. Ultimately, you are responsible for the actions of any companies you hire, so it’s best to be sure you know exactly how they intend to “help” you. If an SEO has FTP access to your server, they should be willing to explain all the changes they are making to your site. You should never have to link to an SEO. Avoid SEOs that talk about the power of “free-for-all” links, link popularity schemes, or submitting your site to thousands of search engines. These are typically useless exercises that don’t affect your ranking in the results of the major search engines — at least, not in a way you would likely consider to be positive. Choose wisely. You might also seek out a few of the cautionary tales that have appeared in the press, including this article on one particularly aggressive SEO company: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2002002970_nwbizbriefs12.html. Be sure to understand where the money goes. While Google never sells better ranking in our search results, several other search engines combine pay-per-click or pay-for-inclusion results with their regular web search results. Some SEOs will promise to rank you highly in search engines, but place you in the advertising section rather than in the search results. What are the most common abuses a website owner is likely to encounter? What are some other things to look out for?
There are a few warning signs that you may be dealing with a rogue SEO.
- owns shadow domains
- puts links to their other clients on doorway pages
- offers to sell keywords in the address bar
- doesn’t distinguish between actual search results and ads that appear on search results pages
- guarantees ranking, but only on obscure, long keyword phrases you would get anyway
- operates with multiple aliases or falsified WHOIS info
- gets traffic from “fake” search engines, spyware, or scumware
- has had domains removed from Google’s index or is not itself listed in Google
Steps to Obtain EV Authentication (GeoTrust)
- Complete the EV Enrollment to obtain a GeoTrust Order ID.
- The Organization’s approver (identified in the EV certificate order) must sign and submit the appropriate Acknowledgement of Agreement form (PDF)
- Following receipt of the AA form, the following authentication requirements will be carried out to ensure your order can be expediently processed:
A. Organization Authentication RequirementsGeoTrust must be able to confirm all of the following organizational registration requirements:
- Official government agency records must include:
- The organization’s registration number.
- The organization’s date of registration/incorporation.
- The organization’s registered address.
- A non-government data source (such as Dun & Bradstreet) must include the organization’s place of business address if it is not included in the Government agency records
- If the organization has been registered for less than three years, GeoTrust must verify operational existence through one of the following means:
- Through a non-government data source (such as Dun & Bradstreet) – or –
- By verifying the organization has an active demand deposit account (such as a checking account) with a regulated financial institution through a Lawyer’s Opinion Letter or directly with the financial institution.
On the form, please follow these instructions:
1) For Organization Name, use your exact company name
2) For place of signing, use your exact company address that is on file with the government, BBB, etc
3) The final step after we get the form back to the SSL provider will be that they verify your info. against public records such as the Better Business Bureau, etc. If they can not find a public source of informations confirming your company information, then they will require a bank letter confirming your company’s account with your bank.