Here is some food for thought when choosing an ecommerce platform for your business website operations.
As a small business owner, you must consider the functionality you’ll need to differentiate yourself, your budget as it relates to available online store solutions, whether or not you want to or are able to set it up yourself, and integration with third party API’s that may be needed.
- Ask the right questions when deciding which online store platform is ideal for your business.
- Despite how easy the platform is to use, do you feel comfortable using it to build your own website or do you need some help.
- Do you want to setup your own website or do you want your provider to set it up for you with your input?
- Who is going to be there to support me when I have questions? Is it basic entry level support or will you get expert support and a personal account manager.
- Are there any added transaction fees that the online store solution requires?
- How customizable are the design themes? And do you want to customize your own design or let Earth Skater do it for you?
- Compare the total cost of platforms and the total value proposition they offer including support and on-going service options.
- Ensure your online store looks professional.
- Choose a great domain name, your domain name is the foundation for your brand and image.
- Set up analytics like Google Analytics and webmastertools and the same from Yahoo/Bing as well as real-time visitor tracking to gauge your success and optimize your results.